The Verdict is in. I am Clueless AND Versatile.
In the past year, I have received three Versatile Blogger Awards. I just realized that the whole point of this award is to pay it forward to other versatile bloggers. Duh… So, this time, I am determined to bring it over the goal line, giving thanks to the fabulous women who thought I deserved this, and pay it forward to 15 fabulous well-deserving blogging women.
The rules require me to unveil 7 things about myself that you might find interesting. That is wrong on so many levels, but I will give a go.
Here are “The 7 Secrets” I rarely divulge and undoubtedly will regret if I ever interview for a job or run for public office:
- I met my husband on the 5 yard line at the University of Illinois, October 5, 1985. It was love at first sight and my life was forever changed (mostly for the better).
- I trim my hair almost every time I wash it, because I am afraid of hair dressers. (Too many bad cuts to count). As a result, I usually have little pieces of hair stuck in my shirt.
- I have 78 throw decorative throw pillows in my house, and I really don’t think this is a bit obsessive.
- I am from a small town in southern Illinois but will consider myself a California girl until I die.
- I secretly wish I was a math genius and do math with my children so I can get better at it. I am on 7th grade pre-algebra which just goes to show, you are never too old to learn or re-learn anything.
- I love digging for earth worms but night crawlers kind of gross me out.
- I am planning on making something of myself by doing something really big, wildly spontaneous and ultimately fulfilling with my life but have no idea what I will do or when I will do it.
Wow. I am sure you feel like you can carry forward with the rest of your life now that you know these things.
I Would Like to Thank the Academy…
Thanking those who bestowed me with this honor is much more gratifying than talking about myself. So here goes…
Darling Deb… (http://livingmontessorinow.com/) we have so much in common. We connected on so many levels. I feel lucky to have found your blog and loved seeing your daughter’s website. Keep spreading the word on the benefits of Montessori and homeschooling.
Madison… (http://all-around-autism.blogspot.com/) I too went from executive management to mommy hood and was blown away by how demanding and rewarding it is. I can’t imagine crossing some of the hurdles you have crossed, and love that you are sharing your journey with autism.
Claire… (http://www.rosegirls3.blogspot.com/) Aka “Bless my Nest”. I find your continual creativity inspiring and always leave your site thinking, I should make something. That is so symbolic, really. It ties right in with #7 on my list.
Paying It Forward:
The most important part of this exercise is visiting other blogs. There are so many creative, talented and committed women who blog. Most of these fabulous ladies are blogging veteran’s with awards and achievements far too numerous to count. But they definitely qualify as Versatile Bloggers that you MUST checkout. These gals have it goin’ on in more ways than one. Hope you find something you love in this list!
Thanks again to all subscribers and followers of confabulicious.com. I am grateful for every word you read and every comment you make!